Dental implants are rising in popularity, and have been for years now. Considering that missing and broken teeth can not only take a toll on you oral heath, but it can impact your self esteem, it’s no wonder so many turn to restorative treatments to help get their smiles back. While there are many reasons why this form of cosmetic dentistry has become so highly recommended by both professionals and recipients alike, a few of the most significant include:
- Natural and Comfortable. By design dental implants are created to appear and function just as natural as real teeth. Using them to replace cracked, broken, or missing teeth can give you the ability to eat without worry, and smile with renewed confidence. Unlike dentures that can be uncomfortable, and require nightly removal, dental implants can be brushed without worry, all while feeling just like your natural teeth.
- Long Lasting. With proper brushing, which should be standard practice anyway, implants can last for decades, of not for the rest of you life, without worry.
- Success Rates. When this procedure is correctly undertaken by a dentist, dental implants have a much higher success rate than other replacement alternatives. They last longer, and look and feel natural, all while requiring basic cleaning by brushing. Patients who are in good health should expect very few issues with properly implanted replacements.
- Eating. This type of dental restorative treatment anchors the new teeth into the jaw bone. While this ensures that the teeth stay secure, it also helps preserve the jaw bone itself by reducing bone resorption. The main benefit that recipients will take note of however, is the ability to eat and chew food with zero difficulty. Additionally, depending on where the implants are placed, they can even improve speech.
- Facial Features. Unlike bridges, that require teeth to be cut down around the affixed area, implants preserve surrounding teeth. They also help prevent jaw deterioration that can result in a loss of height. In addition, they can help restore the overall structure of the jaw bone by reducing the load on remaining natural teeth.
Broken or missing teeth can wreck havoc on a person’s quality of life, as well as their self esteem. Dental implants help restore a patients dental health and appearance, all while functioning and feeling just like natural teeth. There is a reason millions of American’s have invested in this life altering dental option. If you’re interested in learning more, reaching out to your local dental clinic can allow you to get more info. Your dentist will be able to explain the process in depth, as well as if the option is suitable for you. Once completed, you’ll be amazed at the difference these implants can make, not just in how you look, but how you feel. Having smile worthy teeth is something you can definitely take pride in.